Trouble at Work
Experienced employment lawyer in Las Vegas
Ms. Esteban-Trinidad has been providing representation for clients throughout Nevada since 1999. Recently, our firm has received a great deal of media attention for our representation of workers who have faced unlawful discrimination in the workplace.
We serve and protect our clients. If you are having trouble in your workplace, come to our offices. No one will work harder for you. Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Your rights as an employee
Although an employer has a great deal of freedom when dictating the terms employment in a workplace, there are many laws in place to protect employees. As an employee, you have many rights, including the right to:
- A workplace free of unlawful discrimination — Employers are generally not allowed to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, pregnancy or disability.
- A workplace free of sexual harassment — Employees have the right to a workplace free from sexual harassment; this includes both quid pro quo harassment (where a supervisor demands sexual favors or makes unwanted sexual advances) and hostile work environment harassment (where circumstances in the workplace create an offensive or hostile work environment).
- Receive overtime pay — Many workers are entitled to overtime pay at a rate of 1.5 times their normal hourly wage for work beyond a standard 40-hour work week; frequently, employees are misclassified, though, thereby depriving them of the overtime pay they deserve.
- Family and medical leave — Under federal law, employees are entitled to receive up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for an ill family member or to recover from personal injury.
- A safe workplace — Under OSHA, employers are required to provide a workplace free from recognized hazards and to provide the safety equipment necessary to perform jobs in a reasonably safe manner.
- Involvement in a union — You have the right to join a union or form a union without intimidation or threats of losing your job.
You also have the right to report employment law violations without fear of employer retaliation.
To fully understand how the law protects you as an employee, speak with an experienced employment law attorney. We have extensive experience handling the full spectrum of legal matters related to employment law, from hostile work environment issues to age discrimination concerns. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of employees.
Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation to discuss any employment law matters.